Babycare Elle TENS
Small Wonders uses the Babycare Elle TENS because it is the Ultimate Digital TENS machine using the latest Opti-Max technology. This easy-to-use TENS, offers maximum pain relief during labour and beyond. All the settings are pre-set so there is no fuss in setting up.
Optimax Technology gives an extra reserve of power for when you really need it. Used for the final stages of labour when you need extra pulse power or any time depending on your preference.
Local Rental: $50.00 (customer pickup & return)
(Small Wonders’ clients receive a 20% discount)
- You must read & agree to the Terms & Conditions* below -
To book your rental unit, or for more information please contact Wendy Muir by email or phone at 250-768-2562, or cell: 250-801-5004, email: Wendy@smallwonders.com or fill out the Contact Information, thank you.
- Dual channel
- Pre-set modes for ease of use
- Integrated boost button
- Post natal pain relief
- Opti-max for extra pulse power
- Neck cord for mobility
- Tough rotating belt clip
- Large LCD display
5 week rental of the following beginning 3 weeks before your due time:
- Babycare Elle TENS machine
- Soft carrying pouch
- 2 leads
- 4 large self-adhesive electrode pads
- 2AA Batteries + 2 spares
- Elle TENS Instructions
What is TENS?
- TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, and has successfully been used for many years by pregnant women and professional caregivers worldwide to treat labour pain.
How does Babycare Elle TENS work?
- At the onset of labour, simply apply the four pads to your back as shown in the accompanying instructions and switch the TENS machine on. You will feel a pleasant pulsing sensation. This will help to raise the level of your own pain relieving chemicals known as endorphins. When experiencing a contraction, press the booster button for the extra surge of power needed to combat the pain. When the contraction ends, press the booster button again – it is that simple!
Why should I use a Babycare Elle TENS?
- User feedback has shown that an Babycare Elle TENS Machine is most effective during the first stage of labour, and helps the mother to remain in control, stay alert, and considerably reduces drug intake. Most importantly, there are no known side effects for you or your baby.
Can I use An Ordinary TENS Machine?
- No. Elle TENS machines are specifically designed for childbirth. They use larger pads than conventional TENS and include a booster button, which is very important for relieving pain during contractions.
Can I try the TENS Machine before going into labour?
- Yes. Just try two pads on your forearm to feel the different pulse sensations. Remember to follow the instructions on the back of the electrode packet to keep them fresh for the big day.
Can Babycare Elle TENS be used with other methods of pain relief?
- Yes, it can be used in conjunction with most other methods of pain relief such as massage, relaxation, acupressure along with entonox (laughing gas) and other pain medications. Please note that the Elle TENS needs to be removed before using showers or baths.
Can I use the Babycare Elle TENS if I am considering a water birth?
- Yes, but NOT in the water itself. Remember that TENS is effective right from the start of your labour. You will need it well before you enter the water. Often, a midwife will encourage you to wait until you are between 4-5cm dilated before you enter the water.
Can Babycare Elle TENS be used in the Hospital?
- Yes, but you may have to switch it off temporarily if the midwife or doctor requires you to do so.
Are Babycare Elle TENS machines safe?
- Yes. They are designed for labour. However, do not use before the 37th week of pregnancy unless under medical supervision.
- If you suffer from epilepsy or have any doubts whatsoever consult a medical professional.
- If you use a demand type pace maker you should not use a TENS machine.
- There are no known side effects for you or your baby.
Can I use Babycare Elle TENS after my birth?
- Yes, the Elle TENS machines have been cleverly designed for use after labour too. You can use your machine for:
- Shoulder pain from breast feeding
- Menstrual pain
- Back pain
- After pains
- Post-operative pain following a caesarian section
What happens if my baby arrives late?
- Please give us a ring. If we are notified in advance we will extend the 5 week rental for a week for FREE. If you then wish to rent for another week, a charge of $10 per week applies.
When do I pickup the Babycare Elle TENS machine?
- You usually want to pick up the Babycare Elle TENS machine 3 weeks before your due date.
Can I claim the the Babycare Elle TENS rental under my heathcare plan?
- Some provincial and private healthcare plans cover this cost, but you will need to contact your provider directly for more information.
- You will receive an invoice from Small Wonders, if more is needed please contact Small Wonders.
- Channels: Dual
- Channel Display: Digital LCD – 5 seven segment digits around 42 segments
- Burst Mode 1: Frequency – 16Hz Pulse Width -150us, 1 burst per second, 8 pulses per burst
- Burst Mode 2: Frequency – 32Hz Pulse Width -150us, 2 bursts per second, 8 pulses per burst
- Boost Mode 1: Frequency – 80Hz 150us Continuous
- Boost Mode 2: Frequency – 100Hz 150us Continuous
- 5 selectable pulse widths in all modes: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250
- Automatic Power Off: The Elle TENS will switch off after 5 minutes if not used
- Output Voltage: 0-55v zero to peak adjustable in 15 steps at 500ohm load
- Output Intensity: 0-110mA adjustable -15 steps, 500ohm load. Level drops to zero after program changes
- Output Waveform: Symmetrical bi-phasic rectangular
- Output Jacks: CE Touch-proof jacks
- Battery: 2 x 1.5v AA Battery (Type LR6)
- Low Battery Indicator: 2.2v±0.2v
- Unit Size: 115mm x 55mm x 30mm
- Unit Weight: 75 grams
Small Wonders – Babycare Elle TENS Terms and Conditions
- Babycare Elle TENS unit should only be used in accordance with the instructions provided and only by the Customer that has rented the unit.
- The success of Babycare Elle TENS unit in labour is neither guaranteed nor warranted by Small Wonders.
- Babycare Elle TENS unit must not be used by anyone fitted with a cardiac pacemaker, who has a heart disease or suffers from epilepsy. If you have any concern whatsoever consult your medical advisor prior to use.
- Babycare Elle TENS unit must not be used until the pregnancy has reached full term (37 weeks onwards).
- If the baby is late, the customer must contact Small Wonders to request an extra 7 days rental. This will be given free of charge.
- Failure to return the Babycare Elle TENS unit at the expiry of this 42 day period will result in the Customer being charged $10 for each and every week or any part of a week over and above the rental period until the Babycare Elle TENS unit is returned. If the unit is not returned for any reason the Customer will be charged for that unit.
- The rental unit must be returned to Small Wonders at 2559 May St., Westbank, B.C., V4T 2J6, or sent via a Post Office, so as to reach this address by the end of the 42 day period by special delivery, or by obtaining a certificate of postage. The Customer must retain either of these certificates of postage for 3 months. In the event that the Babycare Elle TENS is not received at Small Wonders premises, the certificate of postage must be produced. Failure to do so renders the Customer liable for the full retail value of the Babycare Elle TENS unit.
- In the event of damage to, or loss of the Babycare Elle TENS by the Customer, the full retail value less the rental charge is payable to Small Wonders by the Customer.
- Non-use of the Babycare Elle TENS rental unit is entirely at the discretion of the customer and no refund will apply.
- Babycare Elle TENS are fully tested immediately prior to dispatch. However, the liability of Small Wonders shall not exceed the rental charge.
- The Customer should check the contents of the rental package upon receipt and familiarise herself with the Babycare Elle TENS and the instructions. The Customer must advise Small Wonders of any problems whatsoever immediately. Small Wonders accepts no responsibility where the Customer fails to do so and renders it impossible for Small Wonders to take any corrective action.
- To rent a Babycare Elle TENS unit the Customer will be required to sign that she agrees to the above terms and conditions.