Every pregnant woman and her supportive companions are unique and special.
- Getting to know you and your individual needs is my goal as a childbirth educator and doula. Then I can provide a flexible and client directed experience.
Pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding are amazing, life transforming experiences that are normal, natural events in our collective human experience.
- I have great respect for the female body and its ability to grow, give birth to and feed a baby. Equally important is the emotional work mothers and fathers do as they transition into parenthood.
Medical care is an important component of a healthy pregnancy.
- My clients use midwives, family practitioners, and/or obstetricians as their primary caregivers.
As an educator, I know learning styles vary and adults learn best in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- We act as facilitators, moving participants through a wide variety of learning activities towards mutually agreed upon goals.
Childbirth educators and doulas are responsible to the parents.
- I work for you, providing up-to-date, evidence-based education and support.